In Sanskrit ardha means "half," and chandra means "moon," thus, this is the "half moon" posture. This pose is also one the postures that are are sequenced in surya-namaskar (the Sun Salutation).
For Big Priview Resolution 1600x1000pixels अर्धचन्द्रासन Half_Moon-Ardha_Chandrasana | Half_Moon-Ardha_Chandrasana | Half_Moon-Ardha_Chandrasana | Half_Moon-Ardha_Chandrasana For Big Priview Resolution 3200x2000pixels Half_Moon-Ardha_Chandrasana
Position of Readiness
Stand in the tada-asana (Stand erect with your heels together and toes apart). keep the back straight and the arms pressed slightly against the sides with palms facing inward.
Raise arms over the head and fold the hands keeping palms together. Keep your head between the arms.
While inhaling slowly raise the arms straight up keeping the palms pressed lightly together.
Arch your body backwards keeping your arms alongside your neck and head, tilt the head backward and hold.
Keep your knees straight while holding posture
Slowly return to the tada-asana.
Repeat the same 2-3 times.
The ardha-chandra-asana is the basic stretching and balancing pose that mainly benefits the lower back, abdomen and chest.
This asana makes the rib cage supple and flexible.
It massages, loosens and strengthens the waist and brings balance in the body posture.
Also Read From Kundalini Yoga - SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA
- Asanas- Yoga posture in kundalini yoga
- Dharana Concentration yoga
- Essence Of Kundalini Yoga
- Experiences On Awakening of Kundalini
- Foundation Importance Of Kundalini Yoga : Vairagya Qualifications Sadhaka Yogic Diet Sattvic Place Time
- Four stages of sound : Para Pasyanti Madhyama Vaikhari
- Glory to Mother Kundalini : Nectar of Immortality
- Gradational ascent of the mind - Samadhi and realises supreme self or brahman
- Great Yogis : Swami Sadasiva Brahman Jnanadev
- Kundalini and Tantrik Sadhana Vedanta Hatha Raja Yoga
- Kundalini Pranayama
- Kundalini Upanishad : Chitta Prana Control Shakti-Chalana Rousing Sarasvati
- Kundalini yoga glossary
- Laya Yoga : anahata sound mystic
- Mudra Bandha : Mula Jalandhara Uddiyana Maha Vedha Viparitakarani Khechari Vajroli Yoni
- Mystic Experience Visions Lights - Astral Plane
- Power of Yogi - Major Minor Siddhis
- Practical instructions : Brahmacharya Antahkarana, Pancha Bhuta, Omkara Laya Chintana
- Pranayama : Pranic Healing Apana Samana Udana Vyana Nadi Suddhi
- Pranayama for awakening kundalini quickly
- Prayer to Mother Kundalini
- Spiritual Diary
- Theory : Nadis Spinal Column Sukshma Sarira Kanda Sushumna Para-Sympathetic Padmas Chakras Brahmarandhra