Ardha Chandrasana (Half moon pose) strengthens the abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, and spine. Stretches the groins, hamstrings and calves, shoulders, chest, and spine. It also improves coordination and sense of balance and helps relieve stress, improves digestion.
For Big Priview Resolution 1600x1000pixels अर्धचन्द्रासन
Ardha Chandrasana-Half moon pose
Position of readiness
Perform Utthita Trikonasana to the right side, with your left hand resting on the left hip.
Inhale, bend your right knee, and slide your left foot about 10 inches forward along the floor.
reach your right hand forward, beyond the little-toe side of the right foot, about 10 inches.
Exhaleing press your right hand and right heel firmly into the floor, and straighten your right leg, simultaneously lifting the left leg parallel (or a little above parallel) to the floor. Extend actively through the left heel to keep the raised leg strong. Be careful not to lock (and so hyperextend) the standing knee: make sure the kneecap is aligned straight forward and is not turned inward.
Rotate your upper torso to the left, but keep the left hip moving slightly forward. Most beginners should keep the left hand on the left hip and the head in a neutral position, gazing forward.
Bear the body's weight mostly on the standing leg. Press the lower hand lightly to the floor, using it to intelligently regulate your balance. Lift the inner ankle of the standing foot strongly upward, as if drawing energy from the floor into the standing groin. Press the sacrum and scapulas firmly against the back torso, and lengthen the coccyx toward the raised heel.
Stay in this position for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then lower the raised leg to the floor with an exhalation, and return to Trikonasana. Then perform the pose to the left for the same length of time.
Ardha Chandrasana-Half moon pose strengthens the abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, and spine. Stretches the groins, hamstrings and calves, shoulders, chest, and spine. It also improves coordination and sense of balance and helps relieve stress, improves digestion.
Also Read From Kundalini Yoga - SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA
- Asanas- Yoga posture in kundalini yoga
- Dharana Concentration yoga
- Essence Of Kundalini Yoga
- Experiences On Awakening of Kundalini
- Foundation Importance Of Kundalini Yoga : Vairagya Qualifications Sadhaka Yogic Diet Sattvic Place Time
- Four stages of sound : Para Pasyanti Madhyama Vaikhari
- Glory to Mother Kundalini : Nectar of Immortality
- Gradational ascent of the mind - Samadhi and realises supreme self or brahman
- Great Yogis : Swami Sadasiva Brahman Jnanadev
- Kundalini and Tantrik Sadhana Vedanta Hatha Raja Yoga
- Kundalini Pranayama
- Kundalini Upanishad : Chitta Prana Control Shakti-Chalana Rousing Sarasvati
- Kundalini yoga glossary
- Laya Yoga : anahata sound mystic
- Mudra Bandha : Mula Jalandhara Uddiyana Maha Vedha Viparitakarani Khechari Vajroli Yoni
- Mystic Experience Visions Lights - Astral Plane
- Power of Yogi - Major Minor Siddhis
- Practical instructions : Brahmacharya Antahkarana, Pancha Bhuta, Omkara Laya Chintana
- Pranayama : Pranic Healing Apana Samana Udana Vyana Nadi Suddhi
- Pranayama for awakening kundalini quickly
- Prayer to Mother Kundalini
- Spiritual Diary
- Theory : Nadis Spinal Column Sukshma Sarira Kanda Sushumna Para-Sympathetic Padmas Chakras Brahmarandhra